According to the SADE Statutes:
- Any member of the national gastroenterology societies may apply for membership in SADE. Application for membership should be sent as a written request to a member of the governing board.
- Membership may be canceled on written resignation or when the annual fee has not been paid for two consecutive years.
- Medical institutions or biomedical industry can be accepted as associate members.
From January 2019, subscription to Endoscopy is no longer offered to SADE members, due to lack of sponsors and increased costs.
SADE offers standard and dual membership with the ESGE, which also includes subscription to Endoscopy.
The fee for the SADE standard membership is 40 €/year and offers up to 20% reduction for the registration fee to the SADE courses.
For new members, SADE recommends dual membership with the ESGE for 185 €/year.
SADE-ESGE dual memberships benefits:
- Membership in both SADE and the ESGE
- Save 10€ compared to the ESGE individual membership, which costs 195€/year (2019)
- Reduction to the SADE courses up to 20%
- Reduced registration fee to ESGE organized, sponsored and endorsed events
- Subscription to the journal Endoscopy (both printed and online access)
- Eligibility for ESGE fellowship grant programs
- Eligibility for ESGE research grant awards
- Active participation on ESGE guidelines
- Free online access to ESGE eLearning Area
- Access to the members’ area of the ESGE website
- Access to streams from the ESGE days
If you are a full-time trainee in gastroenterology, surgery or internal medicine working with digestive endoscopy, you could apply for the ESGE individual trainee membership for 95€/year. Please check the following link for information https://www.esge.com/individual-membership.html
The term for the membership is from the 1st of January to 31st December. Billing renewal will be around November.